The belt conveyor is a conveying machine that uses belts, steel belts, steel fiber belts, plastic belts and chemical fiber belts as conveying materials and traction workpieces. Its characteristic is that the conveyor belt that carries the material is also the traction part that transmits the power, which is significantly different from other conveying machinery. The carrier belt runs on the idler, and air cushion or magnetic cushion can also be used instead of the idler as a non-resistance support carrier belt to run.
According to the load-bearing section, the belt conveyor can be divided into parallel, trough, double trough (pressure belt type), corrugated side bucket type, corrugated side belt type, hanging round tube shape, fixed and mobile round tube Eight categories such as shape.
Since the belt conveyor was invented in 1795, after two centuries of development, it has been widely used in various industries such as electric power, metallurgy, coal, chemical industry, mining, and ports. In particular, the third industrial revolution brought the adoption of new materials and new technologies, and brought the development of belt conveyors into a new era. Nowadays, no matter in terms of transportation volume, transportation distance, economic benefit, etc., it can compete with train and automobile transportation and become a tripartite situation.
The belt conveyor has the following characteristics: 1. Simple structure. It is composed of several large parts such as a driving roller, a redirecting roller, an idler or rollerless parts, a driving device, and a conveyor belt, etc.
2. Wide range of conveying materials. Convey various bulk materials, block materials, chemicals, raw clinker and concrete, etc.
3. Large conveying capacity.
4. Long transport distance.
5. Strong adaptability to lines.
6. Loading and unloading is very convenient. Loading and unloading can be carried out at any point.
7. High reliability. The moving parts are light in weight. As long as the conveyor belt is not torn, the service life can be as long as ten years. As long as the metal structural parts are rust-proof, they will not be broken for decades.
8. Low operating expenses. The wearing parts of the belt conveyor are only rollers and rollers. The conveyor belt has a long service life, a high degree of automation, a small number of users, and a small consumption of oil and electricity.
9. Infrastructure investment province. The slope of the belt conveyor continues to increase.
10. Low energy consumption and high efficiency.
11. Low maintenance costs.
12. Wide application range and huge market.
Post time: Oct-09-2021